How to impress a man online: Find out now
Online dating is the process of using the internet to connect with potential romantic partners. This can be done through various websites and apps that offer matchmaking services, allowing users to create a personal profile and browse the profiles of others in order to find potential matches. Online dating allows people to meet and get to know each other in a more convenient and safe way than traditional dating methods, such as going to bars or clubs.
It also provides a wider pool of potential partners, as people from all over the world can use online dating services. However, online dating also has its own set of risks and challenges, such as the potential for catfishing or other forms of deception, so it’s important to be cautious and use good judgment when engaging in online dating. Read down below and find out how to impress a man online
How to impress a man online
Here are a few tips for impressing a guy online:
- Be yourself: It’s important to be genuine and authentic in your interactions with him. Don’t try to be someone you’re not, as this will likely come across as inauthentic and could lead to misunderstandings.
- Show interest in him: Ask him questions about himself and his interests, and listen actively to what he has to say. Showing genuine interest in someone is always a turn-on.
- Be positive and upbeat: No one likes to be around someone who is negative or overly critical. Try to be positive and upbeat in your interactions with him, and avoid bringing up sensitive or controversial topics that could lead to conflict.
- Be confident: Confidence is attractive, so try to project confidence in your interactions with him. This doesn’t mean you have to be arrogant or boastful, but rather that you should believe in yourself and your abilities.
- Be respectful: Always treat him with respect, even if you don’t necessarily agree with him. Avoid being overly critical or judgmental, and try to see things from his perspective. This will help to build a strong foundation for a potential relationship.
How to start a conversation with a man online
Here are a few tips for starting a conversation with a man online:
- Be direct: Instead of beating around the bush or playing hard to get, be direct and straightforward in your approach. This will show that you’re interested and confident, and it will make it easier for the conversation to flow naturally.
- Ask questions: Asking questions is a great way to start a conversation and show interest in the other person. Try to ask open-ended questions that require more than just a yes or no answer, as this will encourage him to open up and share more about himself.
- Use common interests as a starting point: If you have any common interests or hobbies, use these as a starting point for your conversation. This can provide a natural and effortless way to connect with him and keep the conversation going.
- Compliment him: Compliments are always a nice way to break the ice and make a good impression. Just be sure to avoid giving generic or superficial compliments, and instead focus on something specific and genuine that you appreciate about him.
- Keep it light and fun: Don’t try to get too deep or serious right away. Instead, keep the conversation light and fun, and avoid bringing up sensitive or controversial topics that could lead to conflict or awkwardness.
What to talk about with a guy in chat: interesting topics
Ask open-ended questions
If you want to encourage conversation, try to avoid questions that require a straight answer, i.e. a yes or a no. Otherwise the argument – and the conversation – will die down very soon.
An open question requires more elaborate thought and reflection, as well as an answer.
Therefore a good technique can be to transform a closed question into an open question: instead of asking him if he liked that place you went to last Saturday, you could ask him what in particular he liked about that place. From there you can easily hook up and have your say and continue naturally with a series of question and answer.
Engage in the context
You can find valuable conversation starters by taking cues from the things you see in the environment you’re in when the conversation takes place.
Recall what your physical senses are communicating to you: what music is played in the club, what kind of atmosphere is there, what scents do you smell? Take a look around and see that
what can arouse the imagination and curiosity for a conversation: that hat is cute, as a child I had one just like it and I enjoyed playing at being a pirate…
Keep an open and positive attitude
Show your curiosity about what he’s telling you and try to keep an open mind to any topic and any point of view, even those you’ve never considered and which are very far from your usual way of thinking. All this could prove to be an excellent starting point for later deepening your knowledge about the subject.
At the same time try to have a positive attitude, don’t use the conversation as an excuse to vent about everything that is negative in your life, don’t transmit negative energy by playing the victim or listing all your problems that lead you to situations of stress.
Obviously if you want to carry on a conversation you will also need to be able to listen to what your interlocutor is communicating to you, you will not be able to carry out a monologue in which only you speak and he is silent all the time. Pay attention to what he is saying and build a cue from there to give an answer.
The topics of your interest
Try to figure out what topics catch his attention the most (or you could even ask him directly). People are more likely to talk about what they are passionate about and what they know very well, so the conversation will no doubt flow smoothly.
- Hobbies and passions
- Favorite books and movies
- Music, work
- Sports and activities
- Festivals, cultural events, demonstrations
- People like to talk about themselves
People easily talk about themselves and what they have done, about their past experiences: perhaps a journey that has impressed them or a vivid memory particularly imprinted in their memory.
Talk about hypothetical situations by teasing the imagination
You could involve your interlocutor in a game of imagination by mentioning elements or situations that are not real but hypothetical or even completely fictitious. This can be a very addictive game of escapism and creativity, while allowing you to create your own movie with your own script and story.
Have fun inventing interesting and amusing situations and involving your interlocutor, for example you could ask him what he would do if he had 1 million euros at his disposal, what he would change in his life and what he would keep that way.
Would you prefer to devote yourself more to knowledge, research and living experiences or would you focus more on material gratification?
This game can also be a great way to get to know each other beyond the routine topics.
Over the last few years we have helped thousands of people become confident in their approach and achieve success in all areas of life.
Something you don’t know
If you have a good relationship of trust you could ask him to reveal something interesting to you that you don’t know about him. It could be something that happened to him in the past, maybe when you didn’t know each other, a secret or hidden desire from him… anything!
The memory game
Take an event that particularly interests you and ask him what he remembers, for example: his first day at work, or the first impression he had on seeing you, what he thought and what he felt.
You can ask him what he remembers from his school days or his time at university, from his time abroad, what his life was like as a child and what his favorite toys were.
Ask weird questions
You can keep the conversation bubbly and light and at the same time fun by asking questions that are a little weird and maybe even detached from reality.
If computers and smartphones suddenly didn’t exist anymore, what do you think life would be like?
Express your appreciation
If your meeting was very exciting and you enjoyed and moved to communicate it to him, he will certainly be pleased. If he has taken you to an excellent restaurant with a delicious atmosphere and cuisine or if he has cooked a fantastic dish for you, congratulate him on the excellent choice and on the energy he has invested.
If you think he has good taste in clothes, let him know that you appreciate his style and elegance, or his originality. Of course, compliments must be heartfelt and sincere.
The window to the future
Refer to your dreams (and therefore your goals) and what you would like to do in the future and ask him what he thinks. Maybe you can tell him that you would like to see a certain place and if the idea also piques his imagination, you could organize the trip together.
Mention some projects you plan to pursue or books you plan to read, a class or new sport you plan to play. At the same time, you can ask him what he dreams of doing in the coming months and in the medium to long term, as you can see.
For example: what university and course of study would you like to attend, what kind of job would you like to undertake, if there is any new hobby you would like to introduce into your life, what trips would you like to do.
If you find yourself communicating with a guy you like, then you might as well use the flirting technique . For example, you could combine a certain body language , a more seductive tone of voice and some ambiguous and allusive phrases, without going too far…
This is a light-hearted topic and one that surely affects everyone, especially in Italy (since we are obsessed with food like no other). You can ask if she loves to cook or if she prefers to eat convenience foods. If he follows a particular diet and what kind of foods he completely avoids, what are his favourites, if he likes to try ethnic cuisines and specialties from other countries…and coincidentally there is a new restaurant that you could try together!
Human relations topic
You can ask him how his family relations are. i what kind of family he lived and how he sees relationships. This is a very interesting topic because we are all connected to people and the meaning of our life comes in part from the connection with other people and how we relate to them.
Talk about sex
Once you get to know the other person inside out and have talked about a lot of topics, if you’ve developed a solid relationship of trust there’s no harm in bringing up the subject of sex. In an open and genuine way one can share one’s experiences, one’s likes and dislikes, one’s curiosities/forbidden fantasies.
This is a great way to further tune in and to put the edge on a certain type of relationship, which can also evolve on a physical level.
Please try to always do it with the right tones and without falling into vulgarity.
What to avoid
- Avoid bragging about putting yourself off and putting yourself off (both in words and attitude)
- Avoid gossip or you’ll come across as a girl who likes to stick her nose into other people’s affairs.
- Avoid whining because a conversation based on whining is a conversation that transmits negative energy and only makes you want to run away.
- Never talk about your flaws or what you don’t like about yourself in a negative or desperate way, or you’ll end up showing a lack of self-worth. If there are things you don’t like and want to improve, dedicate your time and attention to fixing them. Get busy and keep in mind that these are not conversation topics to bring up while talking to a guy you may want to win over.
- Avoid talking directly – or making comparisons – with your ex boyfriends or previous relationships.